Tuesday, October 05, 2010

R(21)

EDIT: added alot of thankyou stuff which you would not have read if you read this before 12.40AM on 5th Oct.

lotsa photos in this post so won't be as wordy as my last few posts!


Anyway, I have turned 21!! Rawr. I am an adult now. Don't need parental consent form already hahah.
Photobucket

So... anyway, on Sunday I invited some of my closest friends for a buffet dinner!

Photobucket
@ Parkroyal hotel!
Farrer Park branch :)
I didn't take any photos of it but it's really quite nice and posh-looking.. though it's not that posh la.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The yummy desserts :D
Ok that's about all the food pictures i took.

hahaa sorry la this was before everyone arrived.. when people came I had to entertain them ma. And also busy eating. and serving a handicapped girl. HA. more on that soon.


Photobucket
I was totally not aware of this picture but oh well. Oh the cake is damn weird.. or rather, the writing:
Photobucket
my name is Alan Teo Quan Hau btw.. but the point is.. who puts your full name on a cake??? besides my mom lol. this was totally weird but oh well.


Photobucket
My cousin's son (my nephew? my distant cousin? my couphew? my nepsin?) sang me 'Happy Birthday' in both English and Chinese!! Super cute la haha.
Oh i saw this tweet on OMGfacts before.. do you know that the song 'Happy Birthday' is copyrighted? The song is copyrighted which is why you never see it (or rather, hear it) on TV shows/movies at all.
:)


Photobucket
Beckymonkey!!
I don't know why she look so pretty here. HAHA ok ok always pretty la k. But yea, she looks good in this pic.
And this photo doesn't show it but...


Photobucket
She's on crutches!! Well ok it's only one crutch. So how do i say it. she's on a crutch.
But yea she.. fractured(?) her ankle or something on the last day of her overseas trip by falling down stairs or something. But it is recovering quite fast.. but still needed a crutch to walk around.
And she still came down!!! :D So glad!
I was helping her take food all the way tho. Promised her bf to take care of her haha.

Becky has been my friend since J1.. I was super super close to her in J1 we SMSed like 3msg long msgs like all day lol. Still kept in touch though we weren't as close in the subsequent years, but I always made it a point to meet up with her cos she's always v fun to talk cock with! haha.
Thanks becky for always being there for me when I needed to emo! Thanks for always meeting up just to catch up. Thanks for being so lively and bubbly and monkeyly! (rofl what a word)

Photobucket
She got me a nice OP T-shirt! just wore it yesterday.
And OP stands for Ocean Pacific, not overpowered btw. HAHA ok i think only gamers will understand this.


Photobucket
weiqin!!
Glad she agreed to come, cos she and becky both didn't know anyone else !! So it could be potentially damn weird but i think church people were nice and I managed to keep them entertained the whole night (i think? lol)

weiqin was probably my newest friend at that table, I've only known her for 2 years+! Oh wow. haha. she was from the same class as my ex, so i kinda knew her but never talked to her till after A levels. I'm not very sure how we started talking also.. but I think i liked her wit or something haha. She's v smart! So we always 'argue' though it's not like in a bad way. Really enjoy talking to her and hanging out :)
Thanks weiqin for always being there to hang out when Im bored! Thanks for all the help with the stupid math problems i always cant solve! thanks for entertaining me with your wit!

AND I KNOW THE PHOTOSHOP IS TERRIBAD. There is a reason for it (why i photoshopped us out like that, not why it is terribad. why it is terribad is because I'm just lazy to cut it cleanly) (the red squiggles are just to fill out the empty space on top HA)

Photobucket
She got me a notebook sleeve ( CaseLogic.. so branded! lol) and a CD of one of my favourite singers, Jason Mraz!! But aiya I have like most of the songs already. But she said the purpose of this is to encourage me to buy CDs instead of DLing illegally.. lalala ok I shan't say anything I just had a CNM lecture on Intellectual Property yesterday hee.


Photobucket
Bencheok and daniel!
I think i knew Ben for the 2nd longest at this table though I wasnt really close to him back when i first knew him. I believe before i even joined Bay i was already hanging around with him, weizhong (brother of little weizhi) and darren at random places in church during service haha.
Always enjoy talking about games and playing with him!
Thanks ben for lending me all the games and just being a great gaming companion and friend! Thanks for always being there to hear me gush about boring strategy which i sense you may not be totally interested in sometimes! hahahha.

Danniellllll! I think he more or less springboarded my passion of basketball with his present of.. well, a basketball. Haha. Well it wasn't entirely from him, shared by like 912873 people but he was the one who organized it. He was my cell leader ( ithink) for quite some years in BAY and have always been talking and hanging out with him. Really niceee guy - i hope you find someone special soon dan HAHA.
Thanks for everything mentioned above! Thanks for always organizing the movies and suppers and yada yada. Always have great fellowship when we hang out!

And if you're some unknown passerby who is somehow extremely curious and have read up to this point (or skimmed through these photos and found this guy familiar), and found daniel to be familiar, maybe because he's famous?
http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimindless
His youtube channel, kgo. hahaha.


Photobucket
+cheryl jie!
cheryl was kinda like an older sister to me when I was in secondary school.. we constantly exchanged letters and i was quite close to her during that period! Haven't been interacting with her much lately.. must catch up soon rawr.
Thanks cheryl for being there for me when i was in my crucial developmental phase! I've always wanted a sister (hence you, hence my best fren being a girl, etc) and you kinda fulfiled that role even if just for a couple of years. Wow deep emo sharing. thanks for being so funny and witty!


Photobucket
This book was from daniel too.. and of course cheryl did that creative letter at the side.

Eh seriously when she becomes some rich and famous designer (which she is very likely to, given how creative she is) will the letters she wrote to me become damn valuable? Lololol. Not that I'll sell them but.. haha will be damn cool to have them valued eh.

Anyway, they got me an awesome present which... wait i'll say more after the pics.

Photobucket
Razer DeathAdder!

Razer is a company that makes high-level gaming apparatus.. My previous mouse (not the Microsoft one I'm currently using) was a Razer Krait which i won in a gaming competition
which I TOTALLY loved. It was so nice to use, so perfect.
I used it for countless hours of WoW, and it eventually began to spoil while I was raiding so i had to replace it (left click button spoilt :( )


Ok so anyway, back to Deathadder.
Photobucket
Some booklets inside.

Photobucket
I should totally take stock photos for them. haha.

Ok what this photo fails to show is that the mouse is REALLY BIG. It's like, twice the size of my razerkrait and about 1.5 times the size of my mouse now.

I am not exaggerating! It's supposed to be 'ergonomic' and well it definitely fits your hand perfectly such that you're not really gripping the mouse but resting your entire hand on it (at least for me, cos i have small hands)

I tested this on Sunday for about 2 hours of Starcraft2 and... didn't really like it :( Like it was really hard to get used to and even after 2 hours of repeated use it didn't feel like I was getting any closer to being used to it.

It felt too big, too foreign, too hard to control.
I'm not sure about the future of this mouse.. right now I'm back to my Microsoft mouse, maybe when I have more time I'll force myself to get habituated to the Deathadder. :( Which is really damn sad! I was SO hyped about it yknow, I don't think I was hiding the gleam in my eyes and my huge smile when daniel handed it to me on Sunday.. I REALLY APPRECIATE THE PRESENT OK!
Just that, I'm really not sure if i'll end up using it. :( ugh.

ok that aside. let's move on.

Photobucket
Dom (who also contributed to the mouse. yes, it is quite ex) and Timooo
These two have been my travel buddies the whole xx years I've been going for BAY, really great to talk to just about anything and everything. BAY wouldn't have been the same without their company, and I really treasure their friendship!
Thanks dom for always helping me out in whatever i ask you for! Thanks for the countless bus trips and journeys home!
Thanks timo for being like the nicest guy in the world! Thanks for always being the 'big brother' that everyone can count on, being just so genuine and sincere in your care for everyone!
you both, thanks for the supper times we had too! many more to come!!

Oh, and look what timo got me:
Photobucket
Photobucket
LOLOL it's a LAVA LAMP. like damn cool can? I haven't tried it out yet because i'm afraid it will explode. Ok no not really because of that but because I've been busy with something else which I will mention shortly.
And that little container at the side is a salt container... in his letter to me timo wrote sth about being the 'salt of the earth' as the Bible said, yada yada. So how does the lava lamp relate to that ah. hahaha. Maybe he did write something about it but i forgot.

When I have the lava lamp up and running I'll take pictures of it ok!



Photobucket
And this is some unknown chubby chick i saw at the hotel and decided to ask for a photo.


HAHAHA. okkk no, she is the mystery person who i keep calling 'bestie' in my blog. christabel! My best friend! Known her for.. 8 years? And best friends for about 5. Haven't been hanging out with her lately though cos the poor girl is so busy with school work and her mad tuition (which is finally ending ... it's damn ridiculous la she has 4 hours straight of tuition on SUNDAYS yknow. -_- )
Thanks for being my best friend in the world xoxo.I don't say much ok because if i do i think need a few paragraphs. haha. Hang out more soon kayyss.

She got me not one, but TWO shirts
Photobucket
Photobucket
haha sorry for the lousy way of presenting the shirts but I really dont know a better way besides hangeronthewindow. I like the 2nd one! The first one looks like any of the 129387 ones i have so.. hahah. We'll see how i look in them soon..


Ok, we have come to the focal point of this entry. Ok no it is unfair to say that because I love all my other friends too. But this is the focal point of the presents, at least.

Ok first, introduction:

Photobucket
This is alwyn lim chau hwee or pewi, as my church friends know him by because of me haha. I still call him pewi now anyway.
He was, like me, a true blue Saint, from SAJS->SASS->SAJC
So i kinda knew him for.. almost 16 years? wow that's damn long.
I only became good frens with him in like secondary school, as he was in my 'clique', and we still hung out in JC+army via basketball, games, etc.
Super nice dude, seems shy but actually he talk damn alot one HA.
Thanks for being a reliable friend and so fun to talk to! I'm not very close to alot of guys but you are one of the anomalies haha. Thanks for always being there to play ball or just talk cock and stuff!


Well so when he reached the place he passed me a small package for my present, and was very cryptic about it.
Photobucket
He kept saying 'Have fun and enjoy this.. LITERALLY' and 'sure very useful ..can use in school.. quite good'
Well I really had no idea la. Like i thought was some toy or something or some book? It's just a small rectangle package the size of a small book. I shook it and it made no sound.. and i asked him what it was but he refused to tell me and said go home then open.

So i went home eventually after everyone left, and sat down with my presents

Photobucket
So exciting, like Christmas gift exchange like that. Just that I didn't have to give any gifts haha.

So as you can see, pewi's little box-like gift was there in front of everything, and because he piqued my curiosity, i picked it up first to open it.
So as i tore open the packaging.. guess what was inside.

A book? no
a diary? no
a bar of soap? no (lol this was really one of my thoughts when i first held on to it)
some sex toy? no (ALSO ANOTHER ONE. because of the way he kept saying 'you'll have fun/enjoy it!'!! it sounded v cheeky HAHA.)
A box? yes.

Wait, a box? Yes, a box.
.
.

So what was in the box?
.
.
.




Photobucket
OH MY GOD.
WHAT THE F-

I seriously don't know which of these 3 words flew through my head more in the next 30 minutes, probably the first phrase though cos I'm not so vulgar (haha) but.. OH MY GOD.

Let me locate my SMS to him immediately then (i tried to call him but he didn't pick up)

"OH MY GOD PEWI. OH MY GOD. I JUST OPENED YOUR PRESENT.. AND I DONT DARE TOUCH (rofl what a pun!) IS THIS REAL???!!?? WHY YOU SPEND SO MUCH!!? Omg. I'm in shock now. Pewi!!! How can lidat!!!"


as you can see I was in total disbelief and also shock and everything. And also feeling damn bad la! mainly because i bought him a damn lousy present in comparison (which i feel too ashamed to type here) for his birthday earlier this year.. which is mainly also because i am terrifail at choosing presents :(
I felt like a damn shitty friend la!

His reply was something along the lines of 'i wanna get you a 32gb but out of stock' (-insert more OMGWTFs here-) and also to enjoy the itouch blabla. quite long i shan't bother typing it out.
And my following SMS

"I FEEL LIKE A SHITTY FRIEND NOW!!! OMG. OMGOMG. im literally stunned. urs was the first one i opened and once i opened i havent touched anything else yet . Cos I am still stunned. Pewi!!! I wanna hug you now. But i feel damn bad also. Omg"


and later on he came online and here was our opening conversation:

Photobucket

and

Photobucket

Like wow seriously. What did i do to deserve such an awesome friend?
I feel SO blessed now, to have such a friend.

Like ok, i love all my other friends who i invited to the dinner. Heck, they are my closest friends in the world. but what pewi said/did... I TOUCH(ed) LEH.
hahahaha ok i can make the bad puns forever, let's just look at that chio thing more.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Ridiculously slim and sleek and elegant and chio and stylish.

pewi got me an iTouch (4th gen!) (8GB) which cost like, ALOT. It's definitely the most expensive present I've ever got, whether from one or a group of people. And it's just from him.
And 4th gen is damn cool la, it has a pretty crisp camera..supposedly able to record HD videos! I'm gonna try it now

Hmm this looks just average when uploaded but it looked pretty damn good when viewed on the itouch itself.. maybe it's because of the Retina display "display’s pixel density is so high your eye is unable to distinguish individual pixels. "
it's really super sharp and clear.
And.. it uploaded from the itouch itself in like.. 20seconds? amazing!

Yea so there's an amazing camera in both front AND back (wth! normally the front camera is shitty quality like my N97.. how come they can be both as good one! The video was taken with the front camera btw)

And.. do you know that this is so new that most stores haven't even stocked up on accessories for it yet? Lol! i went around today to buy a case and a screen protector and took FOREVER. I had to use my phone to google for nearest apple shop because i was at Funan and after checking out 3 levels there wasn't a single shop selling accessories for iTouch 4th gen!

And with my googling i found out that there are THREE types of Apple shops..
Apple Authorised Reseller , Apple Store , Apple Premium Reseller
You can go here
http://www.apple.com/sg/reseller/location.php?did=8&keyword=city+hall
to see the difference between each.. just click on the different categories they have an explanation the difference.

Yea so I found out there was a PREMIUM RESELLER at funan that was at the 5th floor and they had what i wanted so yay.
But i'm still not satisfied! I want like a pouch like thing that can cover the screen also. Right now it's just the back case. Hope they make more accessories for iTouch4thGen soon. (can't use the other Gens one cos 4G is much slimmer than the rest )

Yea anyway so... where was i. THANKS PEWI. You are awesome, really. And thanks to all my friends who came for the dinner! You guys are my closest friends in the world, and there's nothing i treasure more (besides maybe the itouch.. HAHA OK NO IM KIDDING) thanks for making this 21yearold boy adult very happy :)

AND one more thing that i MUST say. One thing i did regret about having it at this nice hotel is that it had to be quite exclusive. I obviously can't invite too many people because it's quite expensive!
There are quite a handful of people that I kinda wanted to invite but couldn't because of this limit, though I also am really grateful for having them in my life. And some never really keep in touch also already.
So.. I see who wish me then I'll mention here la HA.

Okok this is extremely long I shall end here. K bye.